Flu season is upon us, so PLEASE, protect yourself and your family by getting the flu shot. The flu affects thousands of individuals every year with the elderly, very young, pregnant, and immunocompromised at an increased risk. We are currently seeing many people come through the ER with flu-like symptoms and our health care system is taking precautions with the emergence of H1N1 Influenza. While there is not yet a vaccine available for H1N1 Influenza, the regular flu vaccine is available. I received my flu vaccine this week and Asher received his flu vaccine last week. I am urging all of my friends and family to get vaccinated as well.
The best way to prevent getting the flu is to be vaccinated.
Also, please remember to wash your hands with soap and water frequently throughout the day. Alcohol based hand sanitizer is also effective at preventing contamination. Avoid putting your hands near your mouth and eyes and cover your mouth if you cough or sneeze.
For more information you can go to the Centers for Disease Control web site at www.cdc.gov
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I've already received my shot and will be taking the boys next week for theres. I have been getting the flu shot since 00' b/c in Jan. of 99' I had the flu and it was HORRIBLE. :)
BTW, LOVE the pics of the beach trip. I saw them on Vicki's web site and just LOVED every one of them!!! I wish you guys would move up this way so all of our babies could be in the same class. (We might be regretting that later, huh?!!) LOL!!
Love and Miss you!!!
their's not theres--sorry.
Yeah, I work in a Dr's office now, and we have seen multiple cases so far. I am praying that I don't get it...(can't decide if I am going to take the shot)
LOVE your beach pics and the sweet pics of your little man! I can't wait to be a mom! Hope all is well with you guys!
Post a Comment